Work for us
We are always looking for enthusiastic people to join our innovative team.
To see our latest positions click here.
Helping you comply with the WEEE Directive
The WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) Directive has implications for everyone who owns, operates or supplies IT systems.
The Directive forms part of tough environmental regulations and has the objective of prioritising waste prevention and encouraging the reuse, recycling and recovery of WEEE. This also removes the need for the waste stream going to landfill. In addition, the Directive lays down specific standards for treatment, recycling and recovery operations.
Bell Microsystems is able to:
- Select and manage the appropriate transportation to collect WEEE in the UK
- Issue a Waste Transfer Note, or Consignment Note for your records
- Arrange for the appropriate Duty of Care documentation for your records
- Evaluate any residual value out of your equipment:
- Perform Secure Data Removal – thus protecting your IP
- Provide reports on customer collection and recycling data for the Environment Agency as required
- Issue Evidence Notes for WEEE producers for compliance with the WEEE Directive
Authorised Treatment Facility
Building on our existing IT Lifecycle Management services, we are proud to have established the processes and facilities necessary to meet the Environment Agency's stringent criteria for the appointment as an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF).
As an ATF, we are approved by the Environment Agency to accept all categories of WEEE in accordance with the WEEE Directive (see above).
Bell Microsystems handles a diverse range of electronics equipment for secure disposal, re-sale and recycling including:
- Keyboards etc
- Telecoms Equipment
- Magnetic Media – tapes & drives
To view our disposal accreditations, please follow the links below:
Waste Carrier Certificate
Registration Number: CB/TE5001TB
(ATF) Waste Management Licence Permit
Registration Number: ERP/GB3231AV
Hazardous Waste Registration Report
Batch Number: I560167